Our standard practice is to offer our customers a free packaging audit where we will analyse your existing packaging and identify effective solutions to reduce your costs.
Case study One
Client A approached Boxshop with the task of copying an existing White/White Chemically Enhanced E Flute box with 100% print coverage.
- We reduced ink coverage from 100% and simplified pack use considerably by introducing visual aids.
- We changed the white inner paper stock to brown stock, reducing costs.
- We undertook a controlled removal of Chemically Enhanced Flute.
Thanks to our expertise, Boxshop not only made our client’s packaging considerably more user-friendly, we reduced the impact on the environment and significantly reduced their costs.
Case study Two
Our client wanted to recreate an existing 0201 glued case, with hand-taped enclosure. They were looking for everything to be replicated, on a like-for-like basis.
- We undertook trials of a range of different styles of box for best option on closure.
- We evaluated the negative points and positive benefits associated with each style of pack.
- We executed full production trials of the preferred pack option of Crash Lock base.
Although the recommended new box was slightly higher in unit cost, a far easier assembly and reduced footprint on the production line meant that the total cost of ownership to our client was significantly reduced.
Case study Three
Our client was looking for an effective solution to avoid paying a premium price for a glossier print finish than standard corrugate material, thereby improving on-shelf presence for their product.
- Through our advanced knowledge of Shelf Ready Packaging developments and understanding of print specifications, we had developed our print process with extensive print trials 6 months in advance of this change.
- We supplied print trials for our client to view and evaluate which option best suited their needs and fitted with their brand identity.
- We executed full production of the preferred option.
Through our understanding of best practices surrounding SRP and developing our print processes to meet them, our proposal was an effective solution to enhancing on-shelf presence for our client’s product, while avoiding unnecessary expensive box and origination costs.